Monday, January 16, 2012

Nothing is certain

I am one of those people that do not usually mind getting up and going to work. For the most part I enjoy what I do and I know that going to work provides for my families needs. But after having three wonderful days off without having to even think about work or be on any kind of schedule is just wonderful and I want more! And even more than that is the look of pure joy on my daughters face as she wakes up and sees my face is...well its priceless.



My mother sent me a link to little story on facebook about family coming first and that the laundry will still be there even when the family is gone. It has made me realize that I am going to spend less time stressing the small stuff and enjoying my family. And that includes work. I have been working so much lately that I have not really been home very much in the last two months. Working this much has enabled me to maintain the lifestyle that the boys and I had before Madelyn made her appearance and I thought I needed to kill myself to give them that. But then I realized today, after going thru some serious and unnecessary drama at work, that I dont have to do that. I can cut corners and trim some edges and support my family without running myself into the ground.

Starting today I am going to start living on my salary and any extra money I make is going to put into savings because if there is anything I have learned in this life..its that nothing is certain except death and taxes. I work hard and I earn everything I have ever had and I dont expect that it will change any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment