Friday, January 13, 2012

It's my party...I can cry if I want to

It's that time of year again...thats right...its my birthday month...again.  This morning I had some quiet time to reflect on the changes I have been thru since my last birthday.
I celebrated my birthday last year with my sister and her friends in Cumming. We got all dressed up and headed out on the town for some drinks and dancing. I remember I had these knock out 3 inch Guess heels that looked amazing but felt like I was walking on stilts. I remember that night and not so fondly either. There was some major drama going on that night.




 But my actual birthday will forever be etched in my memories. Not many people know that I found out I was pregnant on my birthday. I spent most of that night crying my eyes out and trying to get a handle on how my life was going to change and dealing with the selfish reaction of the baby daddy who spent the night trying to talk me into an abortion. For once I am extremely glad that I never do what I am told. HAHA. But as happy as I am right now with my angel baby, I am still a little raw. Not the mother me that has the beautiful daughter but the woman in me that made that big of a mistake in someones character. I am just not interested in really celebrating my birthday. I want to relax and not get dressed up. I still have the extra baby weight so the last thing I want to do is go shopping for formal wear. I want to be a bum. Maybe we should have a sleepover. Pajamas and snacks and movies. That is more my speed. I want to make some new memories this year but I want to do them on my terms and nothing I can think of would be better than just being with my family.



2 comments:

  1. We all make bad judges of character sometimes ... I did it twice! Nut in the end you learn, become stronger and thank God that your bad judge of character turned out so beautiful! I think a girls slumber party would be a blast! Its your bday, do it your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, BUT in the end not nut ... shesh

    ReplyDelete