Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bright Eyes, Little Voices and Funny Faces

Madelyn and I have a little game we play called funny faces. I can honestly say that it is one of the major highlights of my day.
Usually we play first thing in the morning when she first wakes up. I tell her good morning and rub her belly and this smile slowly breaks out across her face,
showing her little dimples until she is full out laughing in her little voice of squeaks and coos. Her eyes are so bright and happy that I cant help but melt. Its that moment where I have no doubt that she knows I am her mommy and she is happy to see me. As a working mother I work a lot. Especially this month, I think I have spent as much time at my office as I have at home. In the back of my mind I always worry that she will start to see me as the stranger. So these moments where its just the two of us bonding are extremely special to me.





2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. You are such a good mom that I know she will never see you as a stranger. My mom was a single mom. She worked 80-90 hours some weeks. When I was very little she worked from 3pm to midnight. She was never there to put me to bed, but I honestly don't remember that things like that. I remember that she never missed my school plays or choir concerts. She also managed to make it to watch my sister who was a cheerleader. Now that I have children of my own and have the help of my wonderful husband, I realize how hard it was on my mom. I respect her tremendously. She is the most amazing woman I know...I know that Madelyn will feel the same way about you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. X- Thank you for sharing your story with me! I am working hard to find the balance and your words were motivating.

    ReplyDelete