Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reality Check

I have been a little bit stressed on the verge of needing medication for all the stress I have been under for the past few weeks. I was talking to my mother the other day and I was complaining about the boys and complaining about the new stress at work...I was just pretty much complaining about everything. I couldnt find one positive thing to talk about in the mix of all that anxiety. I have become the epitome of "Debbie Downer" and I couldnt seem to break out of the funk that came with it. I wasnt sleeping and I was eating everything in sight that was definitely not on my diet list! I was so run down that I caught yet another cold and spent most of the day yesterday in bed. Then I read this blog by a mother who has a son with EB. It was horrific and sad and humbling. I am a fighter and a worker but the way I have been complaining the last few weeks have made me feel like a brat. Yes my boys are not behaving and being disrespectful and my job is...lets not even go there....but you know what I have it easy compaired to this poor woman that can not even hold her child without causing him pain. Life has given me many blessings and I am not going to spend one more day taking them for granted. No more excuses..I am going to live each day and show how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life.

Chase, Auntie H, Madelyn, and Andrew at Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment