Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just another toy I wish I had never bought

I completely overdid the Christmas presents this year. I know this because some of the cashiers at toys r us and gamestop now know me personally. Yeah it's that bad. For the most part I bought the new games that were out for Xbox, PS3, and Nintendo DS. ( Its robbery how expensive some of these games cost. How these manufacturers can sleep at night is beyond me!) But what I am mad at myself for buying are the toy toys. The remote helicopter that was flown for a day and broken. The Mario Kart Racetrack by Knex that has never even been put all the way together but is now laying in a million pieces in the nursery floor. The countless legos and the train set and the art kit...do I need to go on? It's like I might has well have taken the money and threw it in the garbage. I am not going to do that this year. I have a general idea about a larger item that the kids want and I think I am going to buy it and nothing else but the accessories for it. It's not that they don't appreciate what they have. They just are almost past that age where toys just can't hold their attention when they have game systems and laptops and all that jazz. This technology age has spoiled them.

No comments:

Post a Comment