Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I realized today that I have spent a lot of the past few months looking back. Worrying about things that can't be changed and about situations that are out of my control. So my new years resolution is to just live. To enjoy each day and what it brings and not worry about yesterday. I have a beautiful daughter
that will never know her father and that's his choice. I have spent countless nights crying over how that may impact her life as an adult and how she might miss out. But the reality of the situation is that she's better off not knowing than to have a constant roller coaster of sporadic visits from a stranger. So beginning next year I am dealing in the what is an not that what could have been. I have a good life with lots of laughter and I can't ask for anything more. I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life!!!

2 comments:

  1. With those two big brothers, I don't think she will be missing out on very much. I have a feeling they will be the most amazing male figures that she could have in her life, all because her mommy raised them to be kind, compassionate and caring men :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara.....THANK YOU! That was the perfect thing to say!

    ReplyDelete