Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Well it's the day after Christmas and I'm somewhat sad that it's over. It went by so fast. So a short recap...

Christmas Eve found the kiddos and I in Suwannee at the Mellow Mushroom. Yummy pizza!!! Then we made a quick trip over to La Ti Da for some last minute Christmas gifts. Chase bought Madelyn the cutest little squirrel! She loved it! From there we went and saw Auntie H at Summits Wayside
tavern before heading back to Buford. After a short rest the boys began opening Christmas presents. It was super exciting because it was Madelyn's first Christmas. And seeing her eat..unmm.. I mean play with her toys was so special. And Auntie H got me a Nook Color! Loved it!! The boys were so excited they stayed up until 4am!!! I went to bed with the baby who slept until after 9 am. Yay!

On Christmas morning we opened presents from Santa who bought the boys a big flat screen TV for their room and iPods and other cool stuff! Then we hopped in the car and headed to NC where we had dinner with the family. It was great to see everyone and visit before heading back to Buford for some Shogun Japanes for dinner. It's kind of our tradition. We did the same thing last year.

Today I picked up oodles of wrapping paper and organized toys and pieces and instructions. Ugh. And now you can't even tell because I have a half built Knex Mario Race track in the middle of my floor along with all the other stuff that was abandoned to play Skylanders on PS3. But hey I say let them enjoy it now. They have another week off school and I go back to the grind tomorrow. So exhausted but enjoyed my time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment